Welcome to my blog!

As you can see, I am very blessed!

Thursday, December 08, 2011

A story about my christmas,

Here is a story about my Christmas. Enjoy.!!

My Christmas Story
“Oh Wow!! I can’t believe I got a Lamborghini for Christmas!! Mom, dad, ya’ll are awesome! I yelled excitedly. “McKenna, wake up! Wake up!” I heard in the distance. POOF!! My dream came to a sudden halt. Logan was standing by my bed with a smile from ear to ear. Then I remembered, IT’S CHRISTMAS!! “Thanks for waking me up!” I said as I threw my robe on and skipped down the hallway to my older brothers rooms. “HEY! GUYS!! IT’S CHRISTMAS! WAKE UP!!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. We all pounded down the stairs two steps at a time.  Mom and Dad were already up. ‘Merry Christmas sweet peas!” Mom said as to greet us. “Merry Christmas kiddos!” My dad sleepily said. Everyone sat down where ever they liked to and listen to dad read the Christmas story about Jesus. Everyone seemed a little restless the whole time.  Finally, dad closed the bible and proclaimed, “Now to open presents!!” Mom would pick up the presents and hand them to dad. Dad would read the name aloud and hand it to the person it was for. I felt happy, and rich. All the toys I’ve been wanting all year; right in front of me!! I started opening up some of my toys and started playing with them. Making sculptures out of clay, trying on clothing, and testing out my new perfume. Everyone got presents; even the cats! They got wrapping paper and cat nip which they love. After we pick up the wrapping paper, I put my Christmas dress on and everyone gets dressed up. We pick up a few things we want to show our cousins and head out the door to Maw Maw’s house. Her house is just down the road. Not far away at all. Everyone was there. Even my cousins from Maryland. We all ate then the cousins went into the living room and started to chant, “PRESENTS! PRESENTS! PRESENTS!” It is so much fun. Finally the adults come in and pawpaw makes a prayer then start handing out presents. You see, every year, they draw names. If you have someone’s name, you have to pick a present for them. So every on gets a present. It is a bunch of fun. We all sit in the living room waiting for our presents. After we get our presents, we have a wrapping paper fight. It is a lot of fun. Then all the older girls take their presents and go into maw maw’s cottage and hangout talking and playing. It has to be the best time of the year. I always have a great Christmas and I hope you do too. 


By, McKenna

2 comments:

Moni-Q said...

Great story, McKenna. We cannot wait to spend time with out Louisiana family.

meboo said...

That's so sweet! Christmas has always been special for me, as well. I remember going to my grandparents to unwrap presents, eat, and play with my cousins. Pretty much just what you do! Your mom and I always got the same thing, because I always wanted everything your mom got (except the year I wanted a John Deer Tractor). My dad got me one too. It was a small miniture john deer tractor with pedals so I could ride on it. Can't wait for this Christmas to get here! Love you bunches missy!